Install / Update / Uninstall
Minimum system requirements:
- A Synology DiskStation
- Webstation and mysql enabled: In DSM go to Control Panel -> Web Services and click “Enable Web Station” and “Enable MySQL”
- (optional) For https access the “HTTPS Connection Service” must be enabled: Go to Control Panel -> Web Services -> HTTP Service to enable it.
- Make sure you archive the Minimum system requirements explained above.
- Login to the DSM and go to main menu->Package Center->Settings->Other Sources->Add and enter the following location:
- Now the tab “Other Sources” should be created in the Package Center, click it.
- To install OwnCloud just click the “install” button beneath it.
- Alternatively you can download all packages from my public Dropbox Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4i5mjlhlnoe1qg4/B-SLEOoZH2
- For further instructions and ownCloud configuration read my Advanced Setup Guide.
- To access OwnCloud just click the icon created in the main menu or manually go to http://”your-DiskStaion-ip”/owncloud/index.php
Updating the Package:
- Attention there is a serious issue with another ownCloud package floating around please read this post on how to update from 5.0.7 or less to 5.0.9 and above!
- If you want to be completely safe not to lose your settings and library copy the OwnCloud folder /volumeX/web/owncloud to a safe place!
- You’ll see an update button if a new version is online in the Package Center
- DSM 3.1: have a look at the download page for further updates.
- Just install the new package without uninstalling the old one. The DSM recognizes that OwnCloud is already installed and removes the old package.
- You can update without losing your settings and index. I’ve implemented an update routine to backup and restore your library.
- In DSM go to the Package Center and click “Uninstall”. All files created by OwnCloud will be deleted.
- To keep the /data/ folder copy it out of the /web/owncloud/ folder before uninstalling owncloud