Hi again today,
The Subsonic 4.7 beta 1 package is finally ready. As with every beta there may be some errors or bugs, if you don’t want to risk anything stay with 4.6 and wait for the 4.7 stable release.
What is new?
- Subsonic 4.7 beta 1 included, infos here
- Included html5 interfaces MiniSub and Subtunes. You can choose which one you want to install during the installation, upgrade process.
- Included DSM links to the html5 interfaces
- I have included an auto-RAM-detection part to the subsonic.sh so you don’t have to configure it by yourself. I copied this from the „serviio-wrapper.sh“ by patters, click here to see the original script. It now sets the max Java heap size automatically depending on the amount of RAM available.
- Enabled https on port 4041 for save streaming (don’t forget to change your firewall settings for Internet streaming). If you don’t want to have https enabled change line 12 in the /volumeX/@appstore/Subsonic/subsonic.sh to SUBSONIC_HTTPS_PORT=0.
- minor bug fixes
Upgrading / installation works like before (more info here). If you want to be 100% sure not to lose your database, copy the Subsonic folder to a save place or use the subsonic-backup-creator… Your music folder will not be touched.
Download and install it automatically from the germany Synology package repo (more info here)
or directly from here and install it manually:
ARM version: Subsonic4.7b1-023-ARM.spk (37 MB)
x86 version: Subsonic4.7b1-023-x86.spk (36,2 MB)